Saturday, December 25, 2010

My gift to you

Merry Christmas everyone! Even though this is supposed to be a sad Christmas for me and my family (minus my Dad), I'm pretty full of cheer. There were a few times at the Christmas Eve service where I got a tad sentimental and missed him a lot, but for the most part, I've had a great Christmas season. Everyone's been happy, there's not too much stress, and I got a pretty great early surprise: I get to stay here! My once-plan to move to Massachusetts has been overshadowed by a greater plan, which is that my girlfriend comes back here instead! Pretty awesome, right?

After the service tonight my friends Hannah, Monica and I went caroling! It's a tradition, and we were able to uphold it this year despite some serious absences. We made some people very happy, and we enjoyed it quite a lot ourselves. Ate some great cake and cookies in the process, too. We even did a cross-country performance using videochat!, waking our audience from a dead sleep (oops).

Then I wrapped a bunch of presents, which I did in front of our new gas fireplace, next to a Christmas tree, with holiday music playing. It was so frickin cozy and stereotypical I almost couldn't handle it. So I took a video! Is it just me, or does time lapse make everything funny? This turned out way better than I was thinking it would. Hope it fills you with Christmas cheer! I wish I knew how to add music, but I don't, so go play some holiday song while the video plays.



yeah...the camera fell off the couch midway through, that's what all of that was about. 

If that didn't get you in the mood, listen to this-- My 7 year old neighbor showed me this awesome website so you can track Santa! Imagine my excitement when I went to get the link for you guys and saw that Santa was in San Diego, California. That is nearby! Now I just checked it again, and he's in Anchorage, Alaska. Dang, he must have come when I blinked...

No comments: