Thursday, October 21, 2010

Two great songs

I've been totally loving my Pandora lately. I have a few great stations. A new one, based on Jenny and Johnny, who I saw live at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in SF last month. And a great old standby of mine is a station based on Amos Lee's song 'Sweet Pea'.
A Matisyahu song came up on the latter and I was blown away by how awesome it is. It has a great message and it is so upbeat and powerful. I also can't believe I've never heard it before or realized how much I like Matisyahu. Probably because my ex-boyfriend was really into him and I spurned it on principle after we broke up. Dang.



That in turn reminded me of this song, the "other" official song to the 2010 World Cup (the primary one is Shakira, and while it is true that girl can shake her ass, that song sucked). This one is way better and I love the video, too.



There's your tunes for the day!  What songs are you obsessed with at the moment?

No comments: