Thursday, October 21, 2010

Introducing: Question of the Week

One thing I have planned for this blog is a "Question of the Week". When I took geometry in high school, we had a "Question of the Day", or "QOD"...and I hated them. (The teacher let me babysit his adorable baby son though, so that was cool). I promise you, these will be much better. At least I hope so.

Each week I'll think of a new question, and make a post about it including my own answer. The poll will be up on the sidebar, and when the poll closes I'll make a post about the results.

And just so we all know: these questions are going to be totally random. Just whatever I'm wondering on any particular day. First up:

Are Netflix envelopes recyclable?

I'm about 50-50 on this one. They're fairly 'waxy'. Or at least somehow manage to feel waxy without being so, which might make them plasticy. Either way, that makes them non-recyclable. But it might just be some kind of differently milled paper, which does make it recyclable. Sometimes I recycle, but I usually trash it. It depends if I'm passing by the trash or recycling as I tear off the flap.

What do you do? Do you throw them away because you're lazy sometimes? tell me I'm not alone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/health-well-being/blogs/my-trouble-with-tyvek

Alexx said...

I'm assuming you're talking about the red envelope, and not the pretty clearly plastic white thing the DVD sits in.

I think the red envelopes are made of paper. I think this because they tear like paper should. That's actually usually my test when I'm trying to decide whether a paper-like object is recyclable or not (it happens a lot with junk mail).

So, recycle!!